Friday, May 1, 2009

Shame on Us

Don’t think that I’m getting involved in politics more than necessary as I’m posting second article relating to election, because this time the issue is more social than political. I read the newspaper today (By the way I read it everyday) to find that only 45% of Maharashtra’s population has voted for Lok Sabha elections. I was shocked.

First of all I tell you that I accept my fault of not voting in the election as I had my final semester exams till 24th, the day when my hometown (Ichalkaranji) people were voting here. Today I’m here but can’t vote and I truly regret that I am in those 55% non-voting idiots.

We had a bad start of this year with people being mourning for 26/11 victims but these are the reasons why people should have voted. Despite of this they were enjoying the cool air from fans,
Coolers and ACs while having a cold sip of orange (or mango) juice. And these are the arseholes who should be put in jail for not performing their duties responsibly. Voting is not only our right but also our duty to select appropriate candidate to lead our country. If you don’t want to vote you have no right to oppose a government for its deeds or misdeeds. Don’t come tomorrow for help if your house is under attack of any Ajmal Kasab or Mujahideen.

I know my article won’t do any good because the voting is already over here and till next election people will have already forgotten this (we have a short term memory loss, if we can forget 26//11 we can forget anything). By the way intelligent people will not wait for an advice like this to utilize their rights and idiots will not understand it anyway, so no issues.

I know that some of you will argue with my article stating that the candidates are the most irresponsible guys and why should they vote for a person like them. If that’s the problem then only you have the solution. Check who is the best possible candidate ( you can be one of them) for your vicinity (I know it’s a tough job) and force him/her (don’t use weapons, please) to stand as a candidate in the elections. If you give him/her support, he/she will definitely win and it will be beneficial to your community. But the funny part is people didn’t came out for voting because the temperature outside their houses was 47o C. I don’t know how I should react for such a reason. When you can get out for shopping or hanging out in this kind of season (don’t tell me your servants buy all your clothes and nappies for your babies and meet your “friends” and you sit watching IPL at home), why can’t you come out to vote and that too for your own benefit.

I won’t plead in front of any such person, who thinks that voting does no good for anybody, to vote. That’s a waste of time and my energy and I can put it into better use like kicking him/her out of their houses and if possible out of India. The only request to all my readers is to pass on my message so that we get a better leader to pull our economy.

No comments: